This 1-day course is approved for 6 CECs with the Pilates Method Alliance. Participants will learn the ins and outs of Lyme Disease and walk away with the confidence and tools to work with this expanding population. As part of this course, we will:
- Review Lyme Disease pathology, treatment, and recovery strategies for working with clients.
- Address painful symptoms associated with both Lyme Disease and Post-Lyme recovery and learn ways to alleviate the discomforts using a Pilates-based approach.
- Teach Pilates-based exercises to address many of the most common symptoms of Lyme Disease, including: joint pain, muscle stiffness, fatigue, chronic pain/inflammation, and neck pain
- Understand Neurological Lyme Disease and how to address the physical symptoms such as balance, gait problems, vertigo, and potential nerve damage-related issues.
An additional benefit of this workshop is that the material we cover can also be applied to your regular clients. Because Lyme Disease has so many symptoms and potential complications, you will find that many of its symptoms we address will easily apply to your non-Lyme clients.
- joint and muscle pain (specifically focusing on knees, hips, elbows, shoulders)
- neck pain/stiffness
- neurological conditions (i.e M.S., ALS, ect)
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made more than 30 days in advance of scheduled workshop will be refunded in full. No refunds will be given if cancellations occur within 30 days of scheduled workshop, however, participants may transfer to another scheduled workshop or apply towards another service.